Down my Alley

Friday, January 20, 2006

Getting Interviews...

I have now been contacted by 3 of the colleges that I applied to for a PhD in Pharmacology requesting an interview. I am anticipating hearing from the other schools in the next several days to week (either with rejections or interview requests). Things are already getting hectic and difficult in scheduling. Rotations are a primary reason for this difficulty and the second is two of the schools have the same weekend for interviews. UAB was the first to make contact, but they only accept interviews on weekdays. With my rotation schedule this is very difficult. I called and we have planned to meet up first of April (when I'm done with my rotations). Colorado was my second contact and they have a weekend in February set up...which I accepted. IUPUI e-mailed me today and invited me to their weekend, which turns out to be the same as Colorado. Well, I've accepted UC first, so I called IUPUI and asked if we could work something else out. It shouldn't be too complicated since I live in Indy. Alrighty, that's about all the news in my life. Exciting stuff...but still kinda stinks to tell schools to rearrange their schedules for me.

Oh well, still have to hear back from Vandy, UNC and Dartmouth. Hopefully they have different dates. Time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home