Down my Alley

Thursday, December 15, 2005

A Small Rant

I've been working 30+ hrs/wk at CVS the past 2 1/2 weeks and it's been long enough for me to remember some of my pet peeves about retail pharmacy. I'm keeping in mind that I only have 3 more shifts until I get my Christmas Break (Saturday, Tuesday and Wednesday...I can't wait to be done). Anyway, I've decided to clue you in on one of my peeves.

Here it is. Other Techs going print crazy with prescriptions. Simply put, after a prescription/refill is processed, it needs to be printed, then filled, then checked (that's the order of things at CVS). Here's how I do it. I print one person/family's prescriptions. Get the medicine, count it, label it, and give it to the Pharmacist to check, then move on to the next one. CVS allows for 3 families to be printed at a time. Just because it is allowed, does not mean it has to be done. Some techs will hop over and print 3-4 families and then scatter to do something else. So here I am with labels for multiple people and know idea what's going on. Then I have to work around the printing tech to get this filled and as soon as one is done, he/she will print another group. It is annoying. I feel like I have know idea who/what is being filled and that I am just an automated person. My way at least feels like I know who has had meds filled, what they were and has some order.

Oh well, maybe when I'm running my own store (not owning, but working in) I can get a system down. Until then....only three more shifts.

Two posts in two days...hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home