Down my Alley

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Star Wars Battlefront II

OK, so I'm really tired this morning (not looking for sympathy), but have no-one to blame but myself...maybe my brother, but probably just myself. For those of you who know me decently, you know I enjoy playing video games with my brother. Well, yesterday, Star Wars Battlefront II came out, and my brother (being the video game and Star Wars nut that he is) had preordered it. He started playing somewhere around 2ish (I believe). I got off my rotation and went straight to his place. I was there and playing by 5:15 pm. We went to go get food at 6:30ish (with my sis-in-law, of course), then back to gaming by 7. We proceeded to play straight through until nearly 1 AM. Yep, that's right, 4 1/2 straight hours (nearly 6 on the night) of video gaming. And it was awesome!!! The time flew (hence the reason I stayed up late). Here's the coolest thing... we've barely scraped the surface of what can be done. We experienced a little of everything, but all of the options available are ridiculous. I now know what will take up pretty much all of our gaming action in the near future. The cool thing is, because of that photo scavenger hunt thing we did, I should be getting a free copy of the game. According to my brother, the guy is picking it up on Friday and then should be mailing it out shortly thereafter. Then I will be able to play on my own....or if anyone else wants to stop by and play.... just a thought.

Anyway, the moral of the story is: Star Wars Battlefront II is phenomonal....and I'm tired.

Overall game impressions: Extremely fun. I miss a few of the maps (Bespin and Rhen Var), but like some of the new ones. I wish you started each map with all characters instead of earning them, but I'll deal. Space missions are so-so (jury's still out). Galactic Conquest is now really good (esp. w/ the bro, because he likes some of the strategy junk that goes with it, and there are more fights which I really like). A great game worthy of many many many hours of playing time.

Ok, time to act like I'm doing work while really dozing off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home