Down my Alley

Monday, October 10, 2005

Things I Loathe....

Disclaimer: This is intended to be not too serious. I really don't loathe much of anything, but was prompted to write this when a friend said "Loathe" and I said that's a good word and her husband said I want to see that word in your blog and I responded I'll make a list. There you have it, the reason for this loathesome post.

10. Missing single pin spares (bowling poorly in general, but esp. missing spares)
9. People asking annoying questions (and by annoying I mean questions that have already been answered or do not pertain to the current subject)
8. Movies without a point/unlikable characers (Lost in Translation, American Beauty, the Royal Tennebaums, Zoolander, etc.)
7. Certain sports teams: (college - Kentucky, baseball - Red Sox, basketball - Pistons, football - Patriots, hockey - who cares, it's hockey)
6. Most vegetables (corn, fresh cooked carrots, and potatos are all approved...otherwise, probably not going to want to eat'm)
5. Stupid Drivers (you know the kind, race in front just to turn, weave in and out, etc.)
4. B's (they're not A's, plus the insects are also annoying)
3. Gas prices (too high and the fluctuations don't follow any common logical sense)
2. Extreme conservatism (both theologically and politically...I'm talking about the only my-way, obstinate, close-minded, I-am-absolutely-right-and-you're-an-idiot-for-believing-different kind)

And the number 1 thing I loathe is....

1. RPG's and "strategy/tactic" video games (what kind of fun is attacking someone/thing by just saying you want to attack and then watching what happens....and I just suck at strategy games)

There you have it. The results are founded in some amount of truth, but loathe is a strong word and I generally do not loathe anything/one.

Hope you're happy Joe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home