Down my Alley

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Gas prices are crazy

Now, I'll say that I've been a pretty tolerant guy about gas prices. My general philosophy is that minor fluctuations in prices are ok (maybe unneeded, but ok). I do not freak out if I just paid 5 cents more per gallon than the gas station I just past. Mainly because, the difference in cost is always less than $1 (unless you get >20 gallons of gas, which my car can't even take). But I am currently a bit irked with the gas companies. I went in to work at 7:30ish and gas was a pretty consistent $2.69 (or there abouts). I leave work at 5ish and suddenly gas is $3.19!! 50 fricking cents in a matter of hours!! Now that got me a bit angry. There is absolutely no justification for that. Yeah, I heard some gas lines/companies got damaged in the hurricane. Ok, fine, bump the prices a little (15 cents, etc.), but 50 cents. That's absurd. The gas in the tanks didn't suddenly change to expensive gas, did it? I'm pretty sure that the profit margin for the gas in the tanks just went through the roof. It's fricking crazy. I heard on the radio this morning that the Attorney General is watching closely to make sure price gouging isn't occuring. Tough to tell when every gas station charges the same ridiculous price. Price gouging? Of course, there is price gouging. Ok, I'm going to relax now, calm down, and then do some work this morning.

Until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home