Down my Alley

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Quick update

I realize that I've not posted in a little bit, but I've been busy here at my rotation site. In fact, I've not actually been online at home for awhile now. All e-mails and things get checked here at my site (sometimes at my brothers house with DSL). Anyway, here's the report.

Spent a day at King's Island last Tuesday. Had a lot of fun. There are some good rides at that place.

Had a friend's wedding on Friday night. It was fun to hang out and see a lot of people from Butler and in my bible study that I've not seen/talked to in some time. Speaking of weddings, I am now on the hook to be in 2 upcoming weddings (one in December, and one next July). Ah, aren't weddings grand?

Bowling leagues are starting this week. My current game plan is to sub on Monday nights whenever possible (hopefully, most of the time) and bowl full time on Thursday nights at Expo. If all goes well, this will be my first time in a long time to bowl in two leagues a week. I feel that this will only improve my game, because honestly, I've been struggling with consistency recently. I subbed last night and struggled 214-184-172 = 570. I had 3 splits each of the last two games. Woodland continues to elude me. I have offers to bowl part-time for a team (15-16 weeks) and an offer to bowl full-time in a late league at Hindel bowl on Mondays. As of now, I'm tempted to just sub...especially since subbing is like bowling for free. My spot at Expo bowl begins September 15, but I'll be subbing until then and I don't have to pay for the first 4 weeks, but get all the prize fund money. Not a bad deal. Would be nice to win some pots, especially while bowling for free. All in good time.

Well, that's about it. I guess I should get back to doing some work now. I'm enjoying this oncology rotation. The preceptor is extremely nice and the setting is comfortable and laid back.

That's it, I'm outie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home