Down my Alley

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Ready for a change....and a book review

Tomorrow marks the halfway point for this rotation month. I have been at the same site doing the same stuff for the past 6 weeks though and am truly ready for a change of pace. I have several complaints about these two rotations (which will be aired at the full completion). Anyway, I was tired of it at 4 weeks and am thoroughly tired of it now. Other rotations may not be much better, but at least they will be different. Oh well, two more weeks and then on to something new (Oncology at St. Francis).

On another note, let me give you a book review: I had recently finished Angels & Demons by Dan Brown (the Da Vinci Code guy)....and by recently I mean like a month ago. Anyway, here's the gist. The book is really good. It picks up fast and never really stops until the end. The chapters are relatively short and he tells another excellent story. It pokes a little at the Roman Catholic Church, but does not offend (but I am not Roman Catholic). In fact, I rather liked the comments about faith, science, and religion. The final several chapters get a bit frantic and could've gone without, but all in all another excellent read. If you find yourself extremely frustrated with the premise of the Da Vinci Code, then I would still recommend this one. Good stuff!!! Dan Brown proves to be a talented author.

Well, my day has finally wrapped up (started at 6:15 with my alarm, 7:15 at the Hospital, and now I leave at quarter til 5)....I'm tired of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home