Down my Alley

Sunday, June 05, 2005

1 down, 9 to go

I am referring to my rotations of course. My first one was a really good experience. My preceptor was cool, he understood his job, and did not make us do busy work. I experienced nearly all of the areas that a staff pharmacist can pursue in the hospital setting (at least at St. Vincent Hospital in Indy). Everyone was nice and the comraderie (spelling?) amongst the staff was really cool. In fact, if the life of a staff pharmacist becomes my calling, then hospital pharmacy will get a serious hard look. But the current game plan is still grad school and beyond.

Starting on Monday I begin General Medicine (gen. med. for short) at Methodist hospital. This rotation will last 8 weeks (officially, it is 2 rotations). On this one, I will be part of a medical team in charge of a number of patients. My primary responsibilities will include ensure proper medications and doses for the patients. On the side, I will also begin working on my Pharm D project at the site. Something to do with their unique Alcohol withdraw program. Sounds semi-interesting. We'll see how it goes.

That's about it for now. The weather is becoming summerish...but it is June after all.

Until next time....Stay fresh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home