Down my Alley

Monday, April 25, 2005

A weekend away form the norm

I guess in order to understand why this past weekend was quite a bit different than my normal weekend, you need to know my normal weekend. So here it is (please hold off laughter and judgement of my relatively non-existent life): rented movies and video games, sometimes with friends, most of the time without....there you have it... a real barrel of monkeys, huh?

Ok, so this weekend departed from the norm. On Friday, I had a dinner with the Dean (via Rho Chi). Prior to the start of dinner, the most impressive hail storm I have ever seen occurred. It was coming down like a hard rain would. The entire ground was covered white with hail when it was over. My car survived without much damage, so that was good. Anyway, back to the weekend. So I had dinner with the dean (which was neat), then just played video games and tried downloading some songs for dad. In the process of the attempted downloads, I was up late and recieved an IM from a friend from high school (Al Felton). He invited me to his birthday party at Purdue on Sat. evening. I go to bed unsure of whether I'll go or not. I wake up at 11:30 that morning. I wind up on campus and proceed to NOT study like I planned, but instead played on the computer and looked up more grad school info. Felton calls and asks me to come again, and I don't give a definite answer. I call around and try to get a friend to go with me (as a wing man, someone I can talk to in case all others are drunken PU students), but alas, noone is around to go. I end up going anyway. Got there at about 10 PM, and proceed to hangout with Al and his friends. I was about the only one not drinking (maybe a couple of others, but not many). It was still fun...too many guys and pretty much no girls. The party wrapped up at about 3:30 AM, we walked to Al's dorm room (he's an RA) to go to bed. I ended up sleeping on a 2 cushioned couch (about 4 feet long....I'm 6'4"). Got up at 11:30 that morning. Went to eat at PU's cafeteria, then back to his room to hangout. Then at 4, I left PU and headed back to my house for TV and video games.

Kinda a crazy weekend and certainly not something I do that often. May never happen again, who knows. That's all. Time to try and get some actual work done....maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home