Down my Alley

Sunday, April 03, 2005

The end of a long run

I'm here to report some sad sad news. My winning streak has come to an end. 115 games in a row I was victorious. Then in the Championship game of the NCAA tournament I fell by 4 to the Kentucky Wildcats (makes the loss hurt that much more). My team could not buy a bucket...on the season I shot about 55%, but in this game I shot 30%. Anyway, it kinda sucked. I followed this loss up with another. My first game of the next season against Arizona, and I lost by 3. This one hurt because I was up by 12 at one point and proceeded to blow the lead and lose. I came back and beat Duke in my next game (had a big lead and blew it before finishing the game down the stretch). Not sure what's happening, but let's hope I get things turned around. My non-conference schedule includes only ranked (at least pre-season) teams, so my life won't get any easier. Here's what really irks me: I never, repeat never, attained number 1 ranking in the country. I won 115 games in a row and never was ranked higher than 3rd. I won back-to-back national championships. I've never failed to win the regular season crown of my conference. I had 3 straight undefeated regular seasons. But despite all of this, I've never been ranked number 1. In other words, I still am motivated to win all my games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home