Down my Alley

Monday, February 28, 2005

A weekend in E-ville

For those of you out of the loop, E-ville is Evansville. I went home this weekend (to washington, IN) in order to bowl the Evansville City Tournament. On saturday, I tagged along with Dad. We did happen to stop by and eat at Shyler's (which is the BEST barbecue....ever!!). Anyway, saturday dad bowled in a team event at Arc Lanes. He bowled well, in fact, he had a 299 in his 3rd game. He absolutely buried the final shot, I mean it was perfect, but the stubborn 8 pin felt otherwise. It was crazy. Worst of all, had it carried, it would've been worth $5000. Anyway, he bowled well. I just practiced on the other end of the house and bowled decently.

Sunday consisted of Singles/Doubles at Franklin lanes. In singles, I went 266-174-258 = 698. Bowled well, but I still missed 3-4 easy spares, so it could've been better. Doubles, I bowled ok, but not great, 188-191-221 = 600, more easy spare misses. Dad struggled a bit. Granted, his struggling resulted in 630ish, 640ish. I was overall relatively pleased. It's good to know that I can still bowl. After bowling on my league night here in Indy, my confidence gets shaken. Oh well, I'll figure something out...maybe....hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home