Down my Alley

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Video game sports Update

I felt an update on the progress of the Butler basketball dynasty was in order. I finished my first season at 30-3, won the conference tournament, never got ranked, seeded 10th in the NCAA tournament. Faced Tennessee in the first round and was victorious, then went on to beat #2 seed Gonzaga, however my best player (SG #3, 19 ppg, 6 spg) was injured (broken wrist). My sweet 16 game was against Kansas, by some miracle I was victorious. In the elite 8, I faced Michigan State (#1 in country and undefeated in Big Ten play), and got beat by around 10.

My recruiting class wasn't strong. I did get a pretty solid PF/C and a decent backup at the SG spot. Season 2 is underway. I've gone undefeated in non-conference play (beating 3 ranked teams, and several major conference teams...USC, IU, Minnesota, etc.). Not to get cocky, but I'm pretty confident that I will go unbeaten in the Horizon league. Currently, at 17-0, I'm ranked 20th. SG #3 is the leading player of the year in the NCAA (16 ppg, 8 spg, 4 apg), he is also leading defensive player of the year based on his steals. I've already signed 2 4-star players (out of a possible 5....a C and a PG). I have high expectations for the remainder of the season and tournament play.

Now before everyone goes and tells me the setting is too easy. The games against quality ranked teams are no cake walks. The games against Horizon competition is cake. I'm hoping to eventually get invited to join a more major conference and thereby have tougher games. If I go undefeated 2 years straight, I will consider raising the difficulty.

My original game plan was to alternate a season of hoops with a season of Madden (colts all the way). However, I have become quite hooked on the basketball game (plus it is college basketball season). If I do return to Madden, I'm currently 2-0 in preseason play with the colts. I'll keep you posted though.

That's it. I've got to work at CVS this evening and then finish up some stuff for class tomorrow, so I doubt any gaming occurs tonight (more's the pity). That's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home