Down my Alley

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I like Movies

I consider myself a bit of a movie guy. I really enjoy going to the movies (occasionally...too expensive to make it habit), I rent movies on a regular basis, and I own a fair number of movies myself. After perusing the Sunday ads from Circuit City and Best Buy, I saw a couple of movies that peaked my interest. So, I stopped by this morning to make my selections. Here was the gameplan: AVP (Alien vs. Predator) for $14.99, 3 for $30: Forrest Gump, Saving Pvt. Ryan, and then something else that jumped at me, and The Rock for $7.49. However, they were sold out of The Rock and Saving Pvt. Ryan. Thereby, my only purchase was Alien/Predator (a really cool movie).

Thinking about movies got me considering my top 10 Movies of all time. So here's the list (in somewhat correct order...some may move up an down as needed).

10) Crimson Tide... this one probably should rank higher, but it is in the same category with the Rock...a great movie...more dramatic...excellent.

9) Remember the Titans... one of the best dramas out there and a great message

8) Die Hard...while I don't actually own it, this is like the Rock in that I can watch it over and over without getting tired of it...plus it is also the greatest Christmas movie of all time.

7) The Lord of the Rings...like Star Wars these are lumped together...they rate lower because of their length (hurts the rewatchability)

6) We were soldiers...another war movie, great flick

5) Saving Pvt. Ryan...this movie rocks, lots of action and NO love story

4) Gladiator...another quality epic movie with great action

3) Star Wars movies...since it's one story, I'm lumping them together here...They are really cool...plus when you grow up with my brother, you have to like them. In order of my preferences: A new hope (Episode IV), Episode II, Empire strikes back (episode V), Return of the jedi (episode VI), and Episode I (way way in the back of the pack)

2) The Rock...when I think of a fun movie to watch and that can be watched over and over again without getting old, this is what I think of

And the greatest of all time...

1) Braveheart...just an awesome movie. A little bit of love story (it works though) and lots of cool action and a great story overall.

There you have it. And 2 days with consecutive posts (are you happy Benson?).

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home