Down my Alley

Monday, March 28, 2005

This ones a long one.....

This post will be long. Mainly due to the fact it is my first post in some time. The reasons involve this site being dumb. I've attempted twice to make a post, but have ran into difficulties. So this post will be long and include recent events and some personal commentary.

My life - nothing really new here. Got some grades to report: Self-care 84%, biostats/research design 93%, MDS 52.5/50 (>100%), and debate 99/100 (we won!!!). That's about the most exciting stuff going on with me. Still need (ok ok, probably want) to get Star Wars: Battlefront and Killzone (or some other cool first person shooter).

Washington Hatchets - Congratulations to the 3A IN high school state champs. The championship game was awesome, and that was the single greatest shot I have ever seen in person. Mad props to Luke Zeller (can we say...Mr. Basketball?). Also, the semi-state game was really cool. The loudness and everything was neat. This really is what Indiana high school basketball is all about.

Dogs - Apparently, it is incorrect to call a young-dog just a dog. It is perfectly acceptable to say puppy, but simply call it a dog appears to be offensive. Who would've thought? In fact, when I think of dogs, I think of Snatch and Brad Pitt calling them "Dags. You ike dags?" Anyway, Danielle and Daniel got themselves this little dog...sorry, I mean puppy...last week. Kinda like practice for future babies....or something like that.

Terri Schiavo - This ones a current events hot topic. Here's my personal opinion on everything. First, its the husband who should get final say. Second, quite giving the husband a bunch of crap for moving on and finding another woman to love. I've heard what kind of husband is he for living with another woman and having a kid and whatnot. Did I miss something, or did he stay only Terri for the first 2-5 years? And I don't think Terri is holding up her end of the bargain in being the perfect wife (I know its not her fault, but still). Third, let the poor girl go. If the brain is not working, then you are not alive. Yeah, the heart and lungs work, but if you don't know what's going on, can't communicate, can't swallow, can't do anything other than lie there, you are not alive. With modern technology and meds we can sustain people for a long-long time, but that does not transfer to quality of life. In pharmacy school, the one aspect that needs to be considered in all things is quality of life. Death, especially for a Christian, would, and should, be preferred over a "persistent vegetative state." Finally, Congress should NOT have been involved. If the Florida courts were divided and the feeling that the case never got a fair shake existed, then maybe...just maybe...Congress could step in. However, the fact that every court, everyone of them, deemed that the husband had the say and the feeding tube be removed, the fact that Congress stepped-in really irks me. Can we say violation of separation of powers? Now, I don't want to make assumptions, but I'd bet that if it weren't for Jeb being in Florida and Big Brother in the White House, then this does not go to Washington and stays in Florida. Also, I find it interesting that the media plays up the emotional aspect, when every poll I've seen shows 60-75% of Americans support the removal of the feeding tube. And Congress shows what the people want?

All right, I'm off my soap box. Sorry about that. I get a little carried away sometimes. Well, there you have it. I hope to be a little more regular in my postings. Comments are appreciated.

Until next time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home