Down my Alley

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Review: The Da Vinci Code

Let me first say, this is a GREAT book. It was really, really enjoyable. Quite possibly one of the best novels I have read. It really is a page-turner. I'd plan to read a chapter or two at night, and end up having to force myself to put the book down after 45 min. and requiring sleep for the next day. Dan Brown keeps you interested and wanting to know what happens next. The twists and turns are reasonable and do not leave the reader thinking this is impossible. All in all, I would highly recommend this book to anyone who wants a great read. This will also make quite a fun movie too.

Now, this book has taken a lot of criticism from a lot of different groups. Here's my response, lighten up. It is a fiction book, a novel. By definition, it does not tell a true story. If you read it as such, you will enjoy it. I do not believe the claims that get told, but I found them interesting, especially in the context of the book. The claims made are really bombshells. I won't ruin them for you, in case you read it. Now, if you are catholic, I can understand even more frustration with the basis of the book, but again, remind yourself it is fiction. In fact, it is just as fictious as the Left Behind series. However, I don't remember them catching near the flack this book does...but anyway...

My review: An extremely well-written, page-turning, grand novel. Read it and enjoy it.

1 Comments:

  • While I have not read the Da Vinci code, I am aware of its premise. I think that the reason why there has been so much hostility, is that while it is as ficitious has the Left Behind Books, the Left Behind books, are ficitious accounts made to compliment scripture as oppose to running against it. On top of that, I think a lot of people are mad about the fact that while it is fiction, there have been countless people to treat it like fact.

    By Blogger SeanXor, at March 1, 2005 at 3:16:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home