Down my Alley

Monday, August 08, 2005

Brickyard 400

If you didn't notice, I am not going to be calling it by that sponsors name. It was, is now, and forever will be the Brickyard 400. Anyway, as with tradition, I attended the race with my family (minus brother and sis-in-law...something about a new job). The race started nicely with a long green flag run. Elliott Sadler looked like he was just going to drive away with it, but then the cautions hit. From laps 35-50, there were tons of cautions. The run from lap 50 was phenomonal. Double wide racing all around the track, some 3 wide down the straights and the short chutes. Then another wave of cautions. The last 60 laps really went quickly with not too many cautions. I had a great final 30 laps though. In that stretch, my two favorite (active) drivers {Kasey Kahne and Tony Stewart} traded the lead a couple of times, raced each other clean, and just had a great battle up front. I would have been happy either way, but was pleased with the end result. Tony Stewart really wanted this one, and this guy is on a frickin' roll (he's won 4 of the past 6 races, I believe). I would imagine that I was one of very few, if not the only one, that was wearing apparrel of both the first and second place cars.

A great day at the track!!!