Down my Alley

Monday, August 01, 2005

Episodes II, III, and IV

So, if I said anything about updating daily....I lied. But I'm back with my reviews of Episodes II, III, and IV. Without further ado....

Episode II: Attack of the Clones -- I really enjoyed this movie. It brought back the fun epic quality of Star Wars. NO Jar Jar, NO stupid little kid. I thought Hayden Christensen (aka Anakin Skywalker) did a great job with teenage angst and mixed feelings. So his mood swings were often quick (kinda PMSish), but forgiveable. The lovey-dovey stuff was kinda blah, but I could overlook it because Natalie Portman is good on the eyes (right guys?) The lightsaber fight at the end was actually a bit disappointing for me....it was too quick. Yoda with a lightsaber was cool but felt gimicky. Still a good movie and a step in the right direction.

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith -- One word, EXCELLENT!!! This movie fricking rocks. It is action packed, never lets up, and sets up the original movies superbly. There are 5 lightsaber fights, and the one at the end is AMAZING. I'm not sure the movie could have been any better. Sweetness....that's all this movie was. Not much else I can say. Kind of a downer on how it ends, but that's how it had to be. I liked the title too, especially since Return of the Jedi (Episode 6) was originally going to be called Revenge of the Jedi...cool, huh? (So I'm a bit of a dork)

Episode IV: A New Hope -- After Episode III, the title has a new meaning. This is the movie that started it all. A really awesome flick. The revamped special effects make it not feel so 1970s. The story is awesome, especially after seeing the background put together in Episode III. The characters are cool. The space battle at the end is really cool. The lightsaber fight is kinda sad after watching the previous fights. A great 1-2 punch with Episode III and then this one. If you could only watch 2 Star Wars movies, I would watch this 2 in succession...back-to-back.

Alrighty, that's it for now. Off to supper and then bowling and then Episode V: Empire Strikes Back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home