Down my Alley

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Life without AC....how did they do it?

Well, apparently sometime yesterday the AC at my house went out. It was cool when I left for work, but was hot when I got back. Now occasionally my cousin will let it get warm (he likes it that way...for some reason), but I just turn down the thermostat. So I turned it down, but it never ever cooled down. I just kinda figured I wasn't doing something right, so I pretty much ignored it. I sleep with a fan on in my room anyway (again since my cousin has it warmer than my personal preference...especially at night). So I just turned up my fan and slept away. But it was extremely warm when I got up, and the temp on the thermostat climbed and never cooled. I moved the fan into my TV room and just toughed it out. My cousin got in made a comment about it, I explained what I saw, then he called my uncle. He came over, saw the freon level was low and the condensers(?) were all frozen. So, in other words, we have no AC. After the NASCAR race, I came over to my Uncle's house and the joys of AC.

At my uncle's house was my other cousin (currently living in Texas) and her two kids (my 2nd cousins?). Anyway, Natalie is 4 year old girl who loves to be the center of attention. Jacob is a newborn (several months?) who is a nice chubby little kid. If I was a girl, I would say Ooooh, Aaaaah....and talk really stupid, but I'm not so I just grin and talk relatively normal. Those are two extremely spoiled kids...then again, I'm awfully spoiled myself...so live it up.

Well, I've gotta get some laundry done and will sleep with a fan tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home