Down my Alley

Friday, July 29, 2005

Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Last night was night #1 of the Star Wars movie marathon. I will review and give my thoughts on each movie after I watch them. So, with Episode I here's what I have to say: It's a fun movie that could've been really really good. I do have some issues with it though. 1) Jar Jar Binks really is dumb...I understand comic relief, but seriously George, what were you thinking? 2) Jake Lloyd is awful in this movie....awful...I know the director is to blame, but the kid cannot act worth a darn....awful. 3) The story itself feels very small for the epicness that is Star Wars. A trade dispute on a small backwater planet. I understand that it was just a set-up for the rest of the series, but it still feels small for Star Wars. Now here's what I like about it 1) it's fun and enjoyable to watch, 2) the pod race is cool, and 3) The ending fights are really awesome. In fact, this movie has one of the best climatic fights of all the movies. The lightsaber fight between Qui-Gon Jin (?), Obi-wan, and Darth Maul is fantastic. Watching Gungans get shot isn't too bad either? I'm just playing....

Anyway, a good movie and a start.

PS - I can move today, some soreness, but I can move...and was able to tie my tie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home