Down my Alley

Friday, July 22, 2005

Tennis and a Move

On Wednesday, I went to "work out"/lift with J2. However, the weight room at the apartment complex was out of order and we didn't want to drive to Butler, so he suggested tennis. I said sure, let's hit that little yellow thing around. It is important to know the last time I had played tennis: 5th/6th grade athletic church camp. So, yep, we are talking like 13 years, since my last attempt at tennis....in other words, I was a little out of practice. We went out and just smacked the ball back and forth, nothing formal, for awhile and worked up a nice sweat (it was near 90 degrees). Then we decided to play for real....I mean keep score with that whole love, duece, advantage stuff. He won the first game, I won the second, and then he swept from there on out. He ended up 6-1. We only had the energy to play 1 set. It was really fun, and I think I could be passable at tennis (especially if I dropped some pounds and increased speed), since it's just hand-eye coordination. After tennis, we went in and his fiance cooked us dinner (hamburger and mashed taters). It was really fun, and I think a rematch is in the future.

In other news, I get to spend this Saturday/weekend helping my brother and sister-in-law move into their new place here in Indy. I don't know if I mentioned it, but my brother got a job at a UMC close to me and my sis-in-law has a job teaching special ed in the Carmel school district. They are going to be about 3 minutes away (5 if you take your time). That means less weekends by myself, and a drastic increase in video gaming....exactly what I need, right?

Ain't life grand....1 more week of General Medicine, then off to something different....yeah!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home