Down my Alley

Monday, August 22, 2005

A Good Relaxed Weekend

I know I've posted on Friday and Saturday, but I still wanted to update on my weekend. In fact, I would say this has been a darn good weekend. I've felt relaxed and had a good time. I guess a lot started Thursday when I got to see some friends that I've not seen in a while (despite not bowling, it was still positive because of the friends).

Friday I got off my rotation early, then hung out with/at my sister's. Watched a Series of Unfortunate Events by myself (enjoyable, but nothing great) and then Cinderella Man (see prior post) at the cheapies.

Saturday I slept in a bit, then went to Methodist and did some research. Then my brother and I went to Barnes&Nobles where I purchased a GRE test prep book (I went with Kaplan's brand). That brings the total spent on GRE stuff to $150 ($115 test - $35 prep book). Then my brother and I played some video games. A lot of video games! The time flew and we actually played for almost 4 hours. Then after a little frozen pizza action, I returned to my brothers for Napoleon Dynamite. Now, I had the lowest of expectations for the movie, and was moderately surprised. It was better than anticipated, but still not the greatest thing since sliced bread. Of course, now I can officially quote the movie ("It's a piece of crap and doesn't work.").

Sunday I got up and went to St. Luke's UMC for church (no sunday school and my brother/sis-in-law were not going to be at the 11 service @ Epworth). Got back and played some Madden football (rediscovered that joy). Watched some of the race, then decided to leave and go to Wally-World. While, there I had the impulse purchase of a tennis racket and balls. Then I gave J2/Rebbeca a call to see if they wanted to help me break it in. They obliged and off to tennis I went. I played really well (for myself) and won the 3-way game (not 2 on 1, but a rotation kind of thing). Still lost to J2 in singles, but pulled off 3 game wins (lost 6-3). I'm improving and really have fun playing. I figure still have a little while to play with good weather. While playing singles, Rebecca cooked us supper...the world's thickest pancake. This thing was 1+" thick, but fluffy and not burnt. Very good stuff. Then home to shower. I then watched First Blood (aka Rambo 1). Never watched it before, but it was not what I expected. Not a bad movie, kinda depressing. Then off to bed.

A good weekend. I could handle one like that more often. But before the weekend comes the week, let Monday begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home