Down my Alley

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Cinderlla Man

So last night, I played nice brother and spent the evening with my sister. We went to see Cinderella Man at the cheapies in Greenwood. It was a good movie. Here's my thoughts:

This was the movie that Seabiscuit wanted to be. For all the hype that movie got, it was slow and the characters were not all that likeable. Plus, how can a horse give hope to people? But I digress. In Cinderella Man, the characters are likeable (pretty much all of them). You care for them, you want them to win. The boxing scenes are really good and relatively realistic (unlike Rocky where every punch is a haymaker power shot). The final fight (even the final two fights) are really good, but the last one has you on the edge of your seat. To be honest, you're not as concerned if he wins or not, but more concerned that he survives and proves everyone wrong (ie. Rocky-esque). All-in-all a really good movie. It makes sense that people get a sense of hope from this movie because the main character is a common man. He was the people. A good movie. But being a drama, it does have the occasional slow ("character building") moments. I would recommend it though.

Well, I've done some research today. I now have a couple of errands to run, then Napoleon Dynamite at some point tonight (or tomorrow). Does anybody else want to watch? Misery loves company, you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home