Down my Alley

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Errors and some bowling stuff

I know it's been a week since my last post, but once a week is actually kinda good for me. Anyway, the last two days saw a nice run of errors on my part making for some "fun" days. Monday, I left for work at my ususal 7ish. I was about to get off the exit for LTC south (Lilly Technology Center) when I noticed I didn't have my bag in the passenger seat. My bag contains my Lilly ID badge (needed to even get in the place), not to mention all of the work I've been doing. So I cut a U-ie and get back on the interstate and drive all the way back to my place. Grab my bag and leave again. But now its 40 minutes later and traffic is even worse than usual. At the end of Monday, I shut down my computer and remove it from the docking station (it's a laptop) before it is fully shut down (this is important later). Then I leave and go to sub at Woodland (see later). So I come in on Tuesday and plug in my computer and turn it on, and try to open Internet Explorer....Couldn't find server. I try Lotus Notes (e-mail/calendar for Lilly) and bam...couldn't find TCP/IP. Great no internet. I ask the techie guy that works in this department, he tries some things and nothing works. He then informs me that if you remove the computer from the docking station before shut down is complete, it screws things up (such as disabling the network drive). Nice to know now, huh? Could've known that sooner. So I call the help desk, they tell me to try the same stuff the tech guy here said. Doesn't work. They then send someone to check my ethernet cord. It's fine. That's all I here from them. In 6 hours, I get one person out to check something that we know to be working. So I go all day without internet (makes for a long, long day here). Today though, they got someone here and he took my computer and fixed it. It now works and I can now get online.

Now the bowling stuff. I got a new ball, the High Rev by Hammer. It is supposed to be an updated version of the original 3-D offset Hi-Rev. The original ball is in my hall-of-fame. It has probably been my favorite ball...ever. I had my first 2 300s with it and won several tournaments. It was a great ball. So needless to say, I'm excited about this new one. I used it on Monday night and didn't shoot all that great. In all honesty, it was not the right ball for the condition, but I was subbing and I wanted to play with it (I won 2 points, so I didn't hurt the team I was bowling for). I went last night to bowl and used it for about 6-8 games. My low game was 198 and a high of 256. The ball hits hard! And the carry is pretty good too. I'm really looking forward to trying it tonight @ Expo Bowl (more oil and should make for a better shot for the ball). In other bowling news, I'm bowling in a tournament this weekend with Dad. Should be fun.

That's all. I'll try to update more regularly (don't hold your breath though).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home