Down my Alley

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Listening to the Pres.

As some of you may know, Butler is going to host former Presidents Clinton and Bush Sr. (clinton in Nov and Bush in Jan.). They allotted a section of tickets for students and faculty for free, but they decided to pass them out starting at 10 AM on Monday (makes it tough for students with classes and especially for us on rotations). Anyway, I gave my brother my ID (even though we don't look identical, the picture is 6 years old and worn out, so it would fly) and had him go and wait in line to get the tickets (don't feel bad for him, he was going to CTS - christian theological seminary - anyway). Plus, since you get 2 tickets per ID, he gets to come along and listen to the President anyway. I am really looking forward to going to hear President Clinton. Personally, I thought he was a great President, not necessarily the best moral man, but a great President. I am also going to look forward to hear Bush Sr. (not as much as Clinton, but still looking forward to it)...but I'm sure they'll do his tickets the same way. Seriously, when do you get to listen to political figures talk that's not a political rally (ie propaganda city). It should be very neat.

Ok, that's all I've got for now. I guess I should get back to doing nothing....I'm at Lilly this month and currently have no clue what I'm supposed to be doing. Guidance to this point has been slim.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home