Down my Alley

Friday, October 28, 2005

Put it off... Put if off... there's time later

Ok, let me be perfectly honest here, I generally don't like doing work. I prefer just relax and do my own thing (whatever it may be). Because of this inclination of mine, I put things off, procrastinate, waste time, etc. etc. etc.. This is probably not new to most of the people that read this site (especially since I've mentioned it before on here). Anyway, here's what brought this thought about. I enjoyed my time at Lilly (last rotation), but honestly diddled around on the internet...alot... and so far at this rotation, I've done much of the same. In addition, we had to turn in an abstract and poster slides for our PharmD projects this week, and I did mine the night before they were due (no surprise there). However, I got to thinking, and I have not really done anything with my project now for some time. I have really been dragging my feet. Why do I do this you might ask? Good question without a good answer. All I know is that I've been inclined to act this way for as long as I could remember. I put it off, put it off, put it off, until there is a deadline, then work hard and get it done. Things would be simpler if I could work in advance, but alas, I choose not to. The good news is this, despite putting things off, when I do get around to my work, I do it well. When I put my mind to it, I can accomplish quite a bit in a short time, and generally my work is of decent quality. Oh well, this little introspective trip occurs to me from time to time, but in the end I don't change, but always just say "That was fun, we'll have to do it again sometime." Then I put it off, put it off, and put it off....there's time later.

My favorite nation: ProcrastiNATION

Anybody have any motivation to sell out there? Just curious. Back to....work...I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home