Down my Alley

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

a GREat day

This weekend was dedicated to the GRE (think of it as SAT for grad school). I had purchased a review book (Kaplan's) and read through it...once over the past several months. On Saturday, I took a practice test and did fairly well. In fact, I even said that if promised an equal score, I wouldn't even show up for the test. So anyway, on Sunday I opted to take it easy. I went to church, then watched bowling on TV, the Colts game and the NASCAR race. Bowling was pretty good...some decent matches. The Colts won the track meet against the Bungles...I mean Bengals. And Tony Stewart (one of my favorites) won the Nextel Cup Championship (season champion). A solid day.

Then came Monday....test day...

I arrived and got checked in. Sat down and begin testing. I go through the motions and answer some questions. Then the moment of truth: it asks "Do you want to submit your scores?" I say Yes. Then it asks again "Are you sure? Last chance to quit and pretend it never happened." I think, 'does this computer know something I don't?' Well, I decide I really don't want to take it again, so I say Yes. Then Bam!! My scores flash up. Let us just say, I beat my practice test (and kicked some serious quantitative butt). I'm pleased and excited. Now, my writing grade is still out, but I feel I wrote a decent essay.

After the test it was video games for me. Then bowling, where I proceed to shoot 234-202-224 = 660. A nice night and I came out with a bit of cash. What a day! I believe I used all the gifts God gave me (some smarts, some hand-eye coordination, and then some bowling)...see, not tooting my own horn...I know where the credit is due.

Now for a night of TV (NCIS and Amazing Race are sweet).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home