Down my Alley

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Movie Review: Saw II

So, my Dad and I got to Cincinatti in great time and did not just want to hang out in the hotel room all evening on Friday night. Due to that we went down to the movie theater that was close by. There really wasn't much great playing, so we opted for Saw II. Now, I've seen (and own) Saw, but dad has not. I gave him the highlights and in we went. Overall, the movie was decent. The story got off to a slow start (after the initial scene), but once the movie got going and the story revolved around the people in the house, it was pretty good. Kept you guessing a little bit and kept you thinking what was going to happen next. The best part of the film is the ending though. Some of the things that just seem trivial during the film actually turn out to be a great setup. The film's finale is really good. Now, all in all, I don't think you gain anything by watching this on the big screen, so in the end I would say it is worth the $3+ to rent.

By comparison to the first film, I would say overall the first one was better. I think the ending of the second is better, but the beginning and middle lack a bit of the polish the first had. But what can you expect when a film is thrown together in less than 1 year. Hopefully, they will spend some time refining Saw III (because if this one makes much money at all, you can be sure of a 3rd installment).

Well, I guess I'm going to wrap things up here in the library and get off to Hinkle to listen to President Clinton....expect a post on that tomorrow.

I'm outie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home