Down my Alley

Friday, May 02, 2008

1000 miles, 6 days, and 36 games

What a week! In the past six days (since last Saturday), I've driven 1000 miles and have bowled 36 games (plus practice balls). Aside from a little tenderness in my right shoulder and wrist, and an ache in my left quad, I'm in pretty good shape. Tired, for sure, but certainly capable of bowling again. For those possibly forgetful of why I've traveled and bowled so much, I've been in Albuquerque (NM) for the USBC Open championships. And while in town, did 2 sets at the Bowlers Journal and 3 sets at the Bowling This Month tournaments. While, I never scored extraordinarily well, after the opening set at the BJ and BTMs and game 1 of team event, I threw the ball very well. I was pretty consistent and close to the pocket. I shot my single pin spares well. The difficulty was a very small miss was often magnified and resulted in splits or washouts (think split with the headpin still present). I think I was close to a 180 average for the 29 games in Albuquerque.

I followed that up by driving back into Denver for the final night of my winter league. It was nice to be on an easier shot. I actually didn't throw the ball all that well, but due to having a bit of room I was able to score ok. Most importantly was only one open (split). Last night started my summer PBA experience league. Side note: the irony is I started my summer bowling league when it was 32 degrees and snowy...gotta love Denver weather, huh? Ok, back on track. I threw the ball really well last night and got off to a pretty good start in the PBA league.

Well, as of right now, I'm likely not going to be bowling again until next Thursday. If only I would hit the lottery (Powerball at $175 mil this week), I might bowl this much every week. Until then, I'll keep my day job and bowl at least weekly.


Have a great weekend. Up next: My summer movie must see-list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home