Down my Alley

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Because I Just Don't Know What to Post

I often get all these grand ideas for posts during the course of any given day/week. The problem being, the ideas come to me when I'm not in a position to actually make a post. Sometimes it's something someone (that's a lot of "some" compound words...hmmm...interesting) says, something I read, something I see on TV. Sometimes it's current events, sometimes funny, sometimes random. But it all comes down to not ever being posted about. It's not really a busy thing. I frequently take 15 minute breaks at work that could easily be used to type up a post. For that matter, I spend a lot of time watching TV, movies, and playing video games (and my TV is awesome!!!), of which a short break would also be easy. Regardless, all of these great posts just disappear. Occasionally I'll think of the same topic multiple times, but still never actually post on it. Is it possible that I actually procrastinate doing an activity that serves partially as procrastination itself? Wow, am I really that bad...it is certainly a possibility. Anyway, here are a few of the things that I've thought about as topics:

Tiger Woods - must be rough when you finish second in a major and everyone talks like it's the end of the world...insane, isn't it?

Star Wars - over the past two weekends, I've watched the entire saga either on DVD (Episodes III and IV) or on Spike (the rest). It truly is one of the best stories ever put to film...classic.

Confronting the Controversies - This is the book that my Sunday School class has just started going through. It's by Adam Hamilton (if you were curious), and should be decent. For the most part, many members seem to be of similar mindset...which can make learning difficult, but should lead to good discussion without bitter arguments.

The Prayer of Jesus - This is the book that I've just finished reading by James Mulholland. It describes what the Lord's Prayer should mean for our lives. Certainly a challenging book, but excellently written with phenomenal points.

Movie Reviews - I still have my Blockbuster thing going on, so I get several movies a week. I've made it a habit to comment on the movies I've seen on Facebook, and I give a star count on the Blockbuster website, but I've not posted a movie review for a while. Then again, I've not watched anything that has been super-awesome.

Politics and other things - There are always current events happening that might pique my interest enough to post about. However, I'm always hesitant to do so. I'm pretty sure most people who read this know what I think about most things, and therefore, I don't really need to express myself. On the other hand, they might not, which could make for some good posts. I never like just laying my views out there, because I hate to flat out offend someone, or not fully present an issue.

Oh well, one of these days I'll actually make a habit of posting. As of now, I'll try and stick with the once weekly aspect of things. Hope all is well for you out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home