Down my Alley

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Houston, we have a problem...


And the problem is summed up by the above picture. My Xbox 360 appears to be dead. I'm blaming this on my brother. His box died about a month ago, and pretty much the day he got his refurbished system back, mine went on the fritz. Now this isn't the dreaded red ring of death. That consists of three red lights on the system, whereas my error only has one. The RROD would actually have been preferred because that falls under a Microsoft extended warranty and the fix would be free. According to my brother, this type of error carries a costs of roughly $100 with it. Cheaper than a new system, but still you go without the console for a month. The thing that really annoys me though, is the apparent death of the Hard Drive. That means, I lose all my saved games. The ones that hurt the most are: Madden Franchise (half way into my third season), College Hoops 2k8 legacy mode (2nd year of career, and 1st of open), and Call of Duty 4 (final level on Veteran difficulty). Losing those hurts...alot. But, nothing I can do about it.

Well, the short of it is that I'm out of gaming for a little bit. I might think about picking up another console, then having my refurbed one as a backup. I might look to sell the refurbed version and apply that to the cost of getting fixed and also buying a new one. Lots of options, I'll sit back and weigh them.

Here's what I learned this weekend. Saturdays and Sundays can be very long without games, and that cable shows a lot of bad movies during those times.

Enjoy your week everyone and I'll keep you updated on my 360 issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home