Down my Alley

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Time Viewing Fast Cars

I'm by no means a stereotypic "car guy". My knowledge of cars is limited mostly to body style, and gas pedal on the right, brakes on the left. Other than that, I'm relatively useless. If something goes wrong in an engine, I generally think battery, then spark plugs. After that, I'm saying take it to the shop. However, that doesn't stop me from greatly enjoying racing and fast cars. This past weekend, I watched several items that involved nice automobiles.

First, the NASCAR season is underway and Daytona has come and gone. It was a pretty good race, and I don't mind Ryan Newman winning...would rather have seen Tony Stewart. Kyle Busch was clearly class of the field. It wasn't a bad race for me. My two guys (Stewart and Kasey Kahne) both had top 10 finishes. Here's the view heading onto the back-stretch on the last lap.



Then on Sunday evening, NBC aired a new Knight Rider. They called it a movie, but I'm pretty sure it was more of a pilot to gauge interest in a series. It was entertaining, but way too many frickin' commercials. It felt like every 5 minutes another commercial break. Regardless, there were two extraordinarily hot things in the show. First, the new KITT (the car). Look at this thing. Flippin' awesome. That's a Mustang, I wouldn't mind driving around.


I did say two hot things. The other was the lead actress. Deanna Russo. I'd never heard of, nor seen, this actress before. Probably because her claim to fame has been soap operas (not my cup of tea). However, she is awfully attractive. Fast cars and good looking actress...I'm in for a series.


Finally, I watched Death Sentence last night. The vigilante movie with Kevin Bacon. It was actually better than I expected. The focus was more on Kevin Bacon's slip into vigilante-hood. It turns into a shootout at the end, but it works for the film. Not the best movie ever, but definitely a better vigilante movie. The main bad guy in the movie drove a very nice car (hence the inclusion in this post). It was a '69 Mustang. Check it out.


There you have it. NASCAR is back, Mustangs are sweet (new and old...stay away from the 80s though), and smoking hot brunettes with blue eyes. What more does a man need. Well, bowling's good...which I did watch on Sunday, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home