Down my Alley

Monday, March 24, 2008

A Weekend of Basketball

I realize that the NCAA tourney was not the most important event over the weekend (that would be Easter and all its significance), but it was the event that took up most of my time. I'm hugely grateful that CBS allows viewing of games online regardless of local coverage. Thursday, I had games on my computer all day (since games begin at 10:30 AM here). I did however, actually get some work done on Thursday. Friday, was a different story. I didn't get any work done, and just watched basketball. Which is fine by me, since there were two buzzer beaters for upsets and Butler routed South Alabama. A fine day of basketball. Saturday and Sunday were similar in that I watched basketball and played video games. No complaints from me, a darn good weekend.

Now, previous I ranted about Butler's seeding, and I stand by that. In the end, though, they have to play where they are placed. After an amazing shooting performance against South Ala., they lost a heart breaker to Tennessee. It was an excellent game and I was glad to see Butler keep is poise and confidence despite double-digit deficits in both halves. They are the only team to push Tenn. to overtime all year, and just needed a little better execution down the stretch (missed layups and free throws). An excellent season and amazing team. A good note for Tenn. is that 3 of Butler's previous trips, the team that defeated them went on to play for the national championship.

As for how my bracket faired...well, not so great now that you mention it...thanks. A surprising event has occurred. I made it through the first weekend with my Final Four intact. However, I'm down to 5 of the Elite Eight teams, and I only got 9 of the Sweet 16. I'm pretty much going to hop on the little guy band wagon (go Davidson and Western KY). Best region for me: South, I've only missed 2 games and have the entire Sweet 16 there. Worst: West, only UCLA is left alive and I missed all the other Sweet 16 entries. Now, I have several days to sit back and not watch college basketball....booo....guess, I can do work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home