Down my Alley

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A test, a gift, and an anniversary

Yesterday was a big day. It all started with my second exam. The in-class portion was done in 25 minutes (of the 2 hour allotment), and the out-of-class was finished by 11 am (with a deadline of 5 pm). I felt pretty good about the in-class, and decent on the out-of-class. The out of class consisted of many questions about "design an experiment". Well, my experimental design knowledge isn't very deep, but they were trying to get us to apply some of the techniques/methods explained during lecture. So, I rationalized which technique/method would work and then wrote that as my answer (with some explanation as to why). All in all, I should do alright, especially if the partial credit is passed around liberally.

As I stated earlier, I planned to get myself a little gift for the success of my first test. This tradition dates back to my pharmacy school days when I would buy a little something after each set of clusters (normally previewed movies, or the like). Yesterday however, I decided to go big...really big. I purchased an XBox 360, some accessories, and several games. I now own 4 games (Madden 06, Call of Duty 2, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter {GRAW}, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion). The football was must, as was call of duty. GRAW is used for online play and Elder Scrolls because my brother raved about it. Speaking of my brother, we can now play video games together again. It was little different to play not doing split screen. I'm looking forward to many hours of killing bad guys with him.

Now, I'm sure you are going... "A test, ok....a gift, ok....an anniversary? What? You've been single for as long as I've known you." It's not that kind of anniversary, but this week does mark the two-year anniversary of Down My Alley. That's right, you, my faithful audience, have been enlightened, educated, and hopefully laughed at my ramblings for 2 years now. Now there's not many out there who expect me to stick with something for that long....that is something extra-curricular, non-bowling related. I mean seriously, I can't hardly finish video games I really really like (ie, Star Wars Battlefront II, haven't beaten it...probably never will now). But anyway, it's true. October of 2004 saw the first post on Down My Alley. I have probably averaged at least a post per week (I'm not going to go back and count though). Pretty impressive if I do say so myself.

Stay tuned for the next several years....I have big things planned....ok, that's a lie....but stay tuned anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home