Down my Alley

Thursday, September 28, 2006

First Graduate School Exam

So yesterday, we had our tests returned...or had to pick them up (regardless, we have them). I looked mine over and was pleased with the result. The points I missed were generally on things I really didn't fully grasp, but had enough of a general idea to get partial credit (had the concept, not the detail). I avoided stupid mistakes and in general was very pleased. How the grades are done in the class is a bit different. The average is taken and then one standard deviation on either side, then they somehow figure out an appropriate curve. After the curve, I had myself an A. This is very good, considering that anything less than a B is considered failing (yes, that includes B-). I think it kind of stinks, but on the flip side, down to 69% was still a B. The percent that correlates to a letter grade varies depending on class average and whatnot.

Well, one test down, and another coming up on Monday. If you just want to give me the same grade, I would take it and just now show up...but I doubt they'd go for that, so I guess I should probably study (boo!!!!). Now you know what I'm doing through Sunday. Then on Monday, I get my car fixed (and get a rental). Also, I think I might get myself a little present for doing well on the first test...especially if I feel good about the second test.

I'll let you know, how does that sound?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home