Down my Alley

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

First Grad. School Test

I was tempted to title this post "The Day After." Along the lines that this is the day after my first graduate school test. But I opted out of it, and went with what you see. Now that you have that little tidbit of information, lets get on with the heart of the subject.

Yesterday, I had the first test. It was advertised as an "8-hour test" or an "all-day test". It consisted of an in-class portion (closed note) with a 2 hour time limit, and an out-of-class portion (open note) and you had until 5 PM to turn it in. I completed the in-class portion in 45 minutes, and turned in the out-of-class by 1:20 PM. So, it wasn't all day, which was great, but it remains to be seen if finishing early was good. If nothing else, I got to count my change (aka XBox 360 fund) and watch Terminator 3 and Doom (yeah SciFi shooting movies).

The test as a whole didn't seem too bad. I felt pretty good about most of my answers and was not completely lost/confused on any of the questions (always good). Now, I answered the question asked, and did not give a lot of extra information (has always been a tendency of mine...its worked so far). Hopefully it will be graded as such. I figure if the prof. marks off for lacking extra information, I can just say, you didn't ask for that. It might not work, but its an option. Hopefully, I won't need to resort to such things, but you never know.

Well, I'll let you know (in general) how I did once I know. So, you will just have to wait with baited breath....or something poetic like that. Hold on to your horses (I've never had a horse, but was told that more than once as a kid...never quite understood...oh well). Just stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home