Down my Alley

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Fantasy Football Draft

So today was the draft for my fantasy football league (with fellow grad students). It was a little crazy and hectic at first, but then it got a bit ridiculous as people really tried to think long and hard about who to pick. I pretty much picked quickly (knowing who I wanted when the time came). Each week you start a QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, and a defense. The rest of the players are benched and may be subbed in (in case of bye weeks, injuries, or performance). Here is a list of my draft by round:

1. Peyton Manning - QB - Ind
2. Carnell "Cadillac" Williams - RB - TB
3. Marvin Harrison - WR - Ind
4. Joe Horn - WR - NO
5. Jeremy Shockey - TE - NYG
6. Deion Branch - WR- NE
7. Dominic Rhodes - RB - Ind
8. Mike Vanderjagt - K - Dal
9. Tampa Bay Defense
10. Keyshawn Johnson - WR - Car
11. Chris Brown - RB - Ten
12. Drew Brees - QB - NO
13. Antwaan Randle-El - WR - Was
14. Ben Troupe - TE - Ten
15. Samkon Gado - RB - GB
16. Dallas Defense


I know I have great QB's (and might use Drew Brees as trade bait) and pretty good wideouts. I think my RBs are a bit week. Cadillac Williams should be decent if he stays healthy. Rhodes will be good for a week or two, but I don't believe he will be the starter for Indy at the end of the season. Brown will probably fill that role, unless I trade for someone better (which I will try to do). Defense is fair, and I feel my bench is pretty good. My WR core is pretty good all across the board. Time will tell how I fair...I'm sure you are excited and I will keep you posted. Stay tuned....Are you ready for some football???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home