Down my Alley

Friday, August 18, 2006

Some Frustrations.

Well, yesterday you read that my one major item went swimmingly (getting internet set-up). Today's two major tasks did not go as well, and actually were quite frustrating. Task number one for the day was getting a CO driver's license. I arrive at the site at 7:40 AM (they open at 8) and was about 30-40th in line (crazy huh). They open and I get to the front of the line, tell them what I need, and they ask for my IN license and my birth certificate, a passport, or military ID. Well, I've never gotten a passport, or been in the military, but I have been born, so I presented my birth certificate. Alas, my copy was laminated (by the state...or at least Marion county) and they don't accept laminated certificates. Horsecrap. They just give me the number for IN vital records. Well, after placing a call the parentals, I try to use a utility knife and peel off the lamination...no go. So, I call the number given to me...and via automated system, get to call another number. I finally get someone and ask how quickly I can get a copy...10-15 business days. So I ask if my parents stop by in person, how long....that day. So I call the parentals and inform them. They kindly go to Indy and in 5 minutes have a copy and get it overnighted to me (should be here tomorrow). So in summation, CO DMV sucks!

The second task was to be present and have the cable guys activate my cable outlet to my TV in my room (that's a lot of my's in one sentence). Anyway, he gets here. Spends 15 minutes (or more) just wandering around looking for were the cable outlet comes into the house. He finally finds it outside, but the wire has been completely sliced through. So, he says he can't really do anything with that, but can run some wire and use a splitter. Geez, I could've ran some wire and gotten a splitter. The only good news is the cost is basically a wash. The service call is comparable to the amount of wire and splitter he used. It's still dumb because I could have ran a splitter and wire and had cable on day 1...or 2....the key is I could have done it.

Oh well. That's how things go. My to-do list is getting shorter, but I still have plenty of CO pharmacy law to learn by Tuesday when I take that test. Well, time to play a game or two before bed....Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home