Down my Alley

Friday, August 11, 2006

A Hoosier in the Mountains

Ok...technically, I am not in the mountains, but I am a mile high (on the far eastern edge of Denver) and can see the mountians (they look big!!!). I arrived in Denver on Wednesday and unloaded my dad's SUV and my car. My parents and I then went shopping. Over the course of Wednesday and Thursday, we bought a DVD rack, a bookshelf, a computer desk, and a used and slightly beat-up dresser (nothing duck tape couldn't fix). My mom cleaned up a little while dad and I built things...ok dad built things and I assisted. Anyway, today I used for some more errand running, and still have plenty to do. Things are going well, but I still have that slightly overwhelmed feeling like I'm playing from behind and just not quite caught up on things. In time, I'm sure that will pass. Hopefully this weekend, I can talk with my new roommate/landlord about setting up internet and updating the cable TV (currently a very basic set of channels exists...and I mean basic...NO ESPN!!! It's a shame...gotta have ESPN...we'll see what we can do about that).

Speaking of the roommate(s). The one (the owner) is super nice and just finished the first year of the program I am starting. So it's going to be good to have someone who can help me out with things. The other roommate I've only briefly met (for about 1 minute yesterday evening and a few minutes this evening....before I left to borrow the internet from this coffee shop...don't worry I bought a drink).

Things still to figure out/get done: 1) Bowling league, 2) Church, 3) Car license and registration, 4) Car insurance, and 5) get a local cell number.

I've got the ball rolling on e-mail and parking and things at the school. I also have to buy a chair, and figure out CO pharmacy laws.

See what I mean about feeling a little overwhelmed. Hopefully after this weekend, that list will be smaller, or at least more manageable. I still have a couple of weeks before classes start, so there is time.

Alright gotta check some other things on the internet...check back for more details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home