Down my Alley

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A Hodge-Podge of things

I've been thinking about what I want to post this past weekend. I kept coming up with topics, but then another idea would appear. So, I never got around to making my post. I made the decision then to post about lots of little things without real depth, but it'll give you, my ever-important reading audience, an insight into what I've been thinking recently.

Keith Olberman's rant: The former SportsCenter anchor turned MSNBC host went on a rant about Donald Rumsfeld and the Bush administration. Now, while I will admit that he was clearly pissed about these guys, not all of his points are off base. I definitely recommend that you check this out (especially if you aren't a very big fan of Bush...just click the link).

The Crocodile Hunter: I assume everyone has heard that Steve Irwin (aka the Croc Hunter) was killed over the weekend. I first caught wind of this when I opened up USAtoday.com and it was the lead story. I was shocked. I must admit, I'm not totally surprised that an animal got him, but I am surprised that it was a stingray. A stingray?! That incident sucks and was terribly unlucky. I really enjoyed his show, and sincerely felt that he was a good, nice, and enthusiastic man and father. I must admit, I was saddened.

Medal of Honor: European Assault: This is a video game that I bought when it first came out (a while ago). While I've never fully beat the game (the final boss keeps getting me), I've gotten close enough to count it as done. Just for kicks, this weekend I started playing it again. It is a wicked sweet game. I do believe that it is the best WWII shooter that's been made for the PS2 (Call of Duty 2: Big Red One is a close second). What sets this one above the rest, is the controls that allow the use of cover to actually be effective. For whatever reason, it's the only shooter game that's figured out how.

Fun Movies: I watched the movie Serenity on Sunday afternoon. After watching it, I thought about posting with a list of my top 10 most rewatchable movies. I was, of course, only going to use the movies I own (I have 85 to choice from). But I never got around to posting, so you might have to wait for that list. Some definite contenders for the list include: Serenity, The Rock, Boondock Saints, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, Sahara, etc. etc. There are some notable exceptions because I don't own them. Just a few of these are: Star Wars (all of them...especially Episode III), Indiana Jones (all of them...especially Last Crusade), and The Matrix....just to name a few.

Ok, there it is. The things that I've thought about making a post on this past weekend. You can now take the next exit and leave the innerworkings of my mind. Please come again.

1 Comments:

  • KJ,
    Glad to hear that life in CO is treating you well. Don't get too down in their BMV...they've got stupid rules wherever you go.
    Peace,
    JJ

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 6, 2006 at 12:17:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home