Down my Alley

Monday, May 01, 2006

Book Review: Deception Point

I just finished (as in last night) Deception Point by Dan Brown. Another really good book by Dan Brown. I must admit, that I have truly enjoyed all 4 of Brown's books. It is amazing how he can weave a great story and get action into a book that is set in a single day. That's right, all of his books occur within 24 +/- hours. And it's actually believable (unlike a TV show that tries the same premise....what kind of phone does that guy have anyway?). Anyway, the book was good and got you hooked fairly quickly with the characters and leaving you guessing at the end of each chapter what was going to happen next. Some of the twists were predictable. I'm not sure if that is due to my beginning to see how Brown does it, or its really that predcitable. Anyway, it's another good book by Dan Brown. I give it 3 of 4 stars and a should read rating.

A note on Dan Brown. I am amazed how worked up people continue to get over the Da Vinci Code. It is an amazing read. The controversial claims are used as a centerpiece for the book, but I never felt preached to about those claims. I never assumed the claims as fact (and I didn't feel them presented that way). One of the reasons the book is so popular is the controversy. Regardless, it's a great book and should be a great movie.

Ok that's all for me. I've started reading "War of the Rats" by David Robbins (a historical fiction about the battle of Stalingrad in WWII).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home