Down my Alley

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Movie Reviews

So, I spent this past weekend working at CVS and watching a couple of rented movies. Most people could care less about my 18 hours at CVS, so I will spend my time giving my thoughts on the two movies...starting with the lesser of the two.

The 40-year Old Virgin: All-in-all a pretty funny movie. I have to keep in mind that super hyped for me going in (everyone was saying it was great and hilarious). It almost lived up. I felt that it was trying for an Office Space type of feel to it, but didn't quite capture it. It did have some great scenes though (the "You know how I know your gay" and the hair waxing scenes were great). However, the ending almost ruined the movie. Breaking out into song was stupid...really stupid...ridiculously stupid!!! It was still good. I'd give it a B, 3 of 4 stars, and a thumb up.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Let's just say, that I think I enjoyed this movie more than I should. For whatever reason, this movie has kind of stuck with me. I think the pacing was really excellent and as a whole a pretty darn good flick. It is without a doubt the best Harry Potter movie (they keep getting better)...ASIDE: the first stunk way too campy and disjointed...the second was ok, still campy...the third went too far the other way trying to make things dark and the kids more normal (dress and whatnot)...this one was a good mix (maybe the perfect mix). Anyway, a really good movie (I can't believe I'm saying that about Harry Potter). I'll give it an A, 4 out of 4, and a thumb up.

There you have it. I imagine most people out there have already seen these two films, but for those that haven't now you know the truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home