Down my Alley

Monday, February 13, 2006

A Historic Sunday...

Here's the quick rundown of my Sunday. Church, lunch, PBA on ESPN, put in a movie, helped my brother out with youth group, then TV. Sounds relatively normal, huh? Nothing historic there...or wait...what's that...yes, I guess I did leave something out. I played video games before watching TV. And not just any video game, I played Resident Evil 4...and I beat it!!! That's right, clocking in at just under 18 1/2 hours of gameplay, I won (70% accuracy, 917 kills, and 46 deaths). It was soundly the greatest single-player video game ever. After 18.5 hours, there really was not a dull moment, I was never bored...in fact, I was often on the edge of my seat (literally). Keep in mind, this does not mean I am forever finished with the game. After beating it for the first time, you unlock 3 mini/side games. In addition, I can replay the regular game with the same character (ie. with all of my cool guns and increased health). I predict that RE4 will give me numerous more hours of fun and enjoyment. I might have to loan it to my brother though (so he too can experience the awesomeness that is RE4). Short of sport games (Madden and March Madness), I have never played a single player game for that many hours. Now if you throw multi-player in the mix, then Star Wars Battlefront I & II, TimeSplitters 3, and Killzone are right up there in number of hours played.

In short, I beat RE4 and was very excited about it. I look forward to playing the new side-games and replaying the main game with better weaponary to start. Video games rule!!!

1 Comments:

  • you are wrong. I promise you that you in your life time you have put more than 18 hours into the Original Mario Bros. I would also contend that both Legend of Zelda: Ocaraina of time (I know it took me close to 30 hours to beat that one) and Mario 64 both claimed more than 18 hours of your time.

    By Blogger SeanXor, at February 14, 2006 at 3:43:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home