Down my Alley

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Make it 3 for 8

Eh? Title doesn't make much sense does it. Well, let me explain. I bowl on Monday nights at Woodland Bowl and did so last night. Here's the rundown (the title will make sense, I promise...plus, ignore the bowling lingo and stick with it).

Game 1: Started with my Big Deal (aggressive ball) playing a small bump shot laying 15, crossing 12, and out to 8. Staying fairly smooth with the speed. Leave a 10 pin and miss it. Then I start striking. In the 6th frame, I trip a 4 pin and then make a little move with my feet and keep striking. I take it off the sheet for 279 (11 in a row award).

Game 2: Start with a strike (there's my "Varipapa" --> 12 strikes in a row over any number of games). Throw the same shot and it jumps for a 3-4-6-7 split...pick it up. I tighten my line. 10 pin spare. Next 6 strikes. 10 pin in the 10th frame and I miss it. 236 (I lose my point to a 258 game).

Game 3: I start striking and keep striking. The worst shot was a very light hit that rolled the 2-8 out. I rolled a 4-9 out and made a little move again. Several shots were light mixers, but they kept falling. I get to the 10th frame and bury the first ball...strike. Get the 11th one out and it comes high and fails to trip the 4 pin. Upset you might say....NO! The first shot gave me an 800. I pick up the 4 pin for a 289 game and a 804 series.

That was my 3rd 800 series (see 3 for 8...I told you it would make sense). It was really neat. I'm very glad that God allowed me the gift and skill to bowl.

PS - Read on, I finished the story of my Dartmouth trip....making this a double post day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home