Down my Alley

Monday, March 20, 2006

Worst March Madness picks ever

I've been filling out brackets for March Madness for many many years now (and have ran a tourney pool of some sort for the past 9). I must admit though, that this year has been my worst. After only 2 rounds played, I only have 1 final four team left. That's right, only 1. My other three have all been knocked out. Kansas...gone. North Carolina...gone. Ohio State...gone (they were a final game team for me too). The only one I have left is Duke (my pick for National Champ). You know what that means? I've cursed the Dukies and would expect them to lose by the end of next weekend.

On top of all of that awfulness, the major upset picks I put down, have generally failed to occur. I picked Xavier over the Zags (almost happened) and Pacific over BC (2OT game...it was close). One of two darkhorse teams is also out. I had Marquette in the Elite 8...they lost in rd 1. I look good in the Atlanta bracket...only 2 wrong so far and all alive in the Sweet 16.

Oh well, I really enjoy filling out the bracket and running the tourney pool, but I hate having so many bad picks. I guess there is always next year (Ohio State with Greg Odon to take it all).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home