Down my Alley

Friday, December 07, 2007

Now I can watch Butler games....

Most of you out there know that I am a big college basketball fan, especially a Butler basketball fan. As a student there, I was able to attend games at no extra cost (I won't say free...somewhere in the tuition I was paying it was included), and I went to most of their home games. Sadly, Butler doesn't get many nationally televised games, which means I don't get to watch them out here in Denver. I did listen to a couple of their games via online radio, which was ok, but not as good as watching them. I was able to watch the Alaskan Shootout finals against Texas Tech, since it was a ESPN2 nationally televised game earlier this year. Last night, I had intended to listen to their game against Detroit online (as I had before), when I found out that I can now watch Butler games. Apparently the Horizon League (conference of which Butler belongs to) has launched the Horizon League Network. The HLN allows you to watch the games online. The quality of the video wasn't great, but for the ability to watch Butler, I'm willing to deal with it. The broadcast is done by the home team (so therefore I got a lot of Detroit homerisms last night). Again, something I'm willing to deal with.

Well, hopefully, this HLN will allow me to watch many of Butler's games. I really do like watching them play. They really play team basketball, which is fun to watch. Almost better than watching bigger name schools that just let their star freshmen play one-on-one ball. If you ever want to watch some good basketball, check out Butler on the Horizon League Network.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home