Down my Alley

Monday, November 05, 2007

Itunes...vol. 1

I was waiting patiently (and still am) on obtaining pictures from Halloween. Once pictures are obtained, I have every intention of making that a post. Since I don't own a camera (not a complaint, just a fact), I rely on the kindness of others to give me pictures. I'll get them, and then you can see the coolness that was Halloween.

In the meantime, I've decided to have some fun with my Itunes, and make a few posts about it. The things Itunes shows you is pretty cool, most popular (by rating), most played, etc etc. I've opted to give some lists about songs that I have on Itunes. Here are the basic facts to get you started:

Files: 1419...songs, comedy stand up, and movie quotes
Time: 3.8 days worth of audio entertainment (or 91.2 hours or 5472 minutes)
Size: 5.09 GB on my hard drive (and my 30 GB Ipod is nowhere close to full)

For this first installment, I've decided to talk about my Most Played songs (songs only, not movie quotes or other files). Keep in mind that I generally use the Party shuffle (randomly plays songs from my library) function when listening from my computer (which is my most common method of use) or on random from my library from my Ipod (second most common). Rarely do I queue up a specific song or album. Ok, without further ado, in descending order of plays (from 15 down to 12).

1. Frankenstein by the Edgar Winter Group - an instrumental only classic rock awesome song, really if you don't know it, look it up and listen to it.

2. Inside Out by Eve 6 - really catchy tune that I've enjoyed since first hearing it (pop/rock from lat 90s)

3. Flood by Jars of Clay - one of my favorite Christian songs ever...I've been rocking this one since its release in the mid-90s

4. Johnny B. Good by Chuck Berry - one of the best guitar songs ever. This oldie but goodie (most famous from Back to the Future) is just sweet.

5. Next Year by Foo Fighters - easy listening tune that was the theme song for the TV show Ed (one of the coolest shows ever).

6. Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson - the original American Idol (and the best) actually has several songs that I really enjoy, but this is arguably her best.

7. Heaven on Their Minds from Jesus Christ SuperStar - the opening song (following the musical prelude) from the best rock opera (and musical) of all time. I can listen to JCSS at any time, really awesome music.

8. Call and Answer by Barenaked Ladies - One of the better songs from the best Barenaked Ladies album ever (Stunt). Slow, but catchy.

9. Living in Your Letters by Dashboard Confessional - an alternative band that I really like, although this really isn't their best...but it gets played more apparently.

10. DOA by Foo Fighters - a much faster, harder sound than the previous Foo Fighters entry. Two appearance by the Foo Fighters despite only having 3 songs total in my library.

Well, Itunes gives you the top 25 most played, but I won't individually talk about the rest, only list them for you.

11. Sweet Home Alabama by Lynryd Skynryd; 12. White Room by Cream (aka Eric Clapton); 13. Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton; 14. Bring Me to Life by Evanescence; 15. 100 years by Five for Fighting; 16. Crazy by Gnarls Barkley; 17. Pretty Vegas by INXS; 18. Walk by Faith by Jeremy Camp; 19. Behind These Hazel Eyes by Kelly Clarkson.

The remainder of the top 25 was movie quotes. Best movie quotes, top rated songs, most songs by an artists, as well as bottom/least played music are all still to come. Stay tuned and plugged in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home