Down my Alley

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Introducing....Halo 3

Halo 3 released today and will create a bit of a stir amongst video gamers. I was not one of the crazies who opted to stand in line or even go to a store for a midnight release. Unless I was taking today off, there would be no point in picking up the game that late because I would still want to go to bed immediately. However, I do have the game pre-ordered/reserved, and have every intention of picking it up on my way home from lab today. Because of these plans, I actually came in early, so that I could leave early (see, I'm smart, not crazy).

As for all the hype, I'm not buying it. Mostly because I never really played Halo or Halo 2. I played half of one of them in co-op mode with a friend my junior year at Butler, but it obviously left little impression (can't even tell you which I played). I participated in the Halo 3 multi-player beta testing, and thought the game entertaining, but was not floored by it. Basically, if this game turns into just an average shooter, then I'm fine with that. In other words, everyone claiming Halo 3 as the greatest thing since sliced bread needs to take a step back and actually play the game.

With that said, I'm still looking forward to playing Halo 3....at least for a month, then Call of Duty 4 comes out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home