Down my Alley

Monday, August 27, 2007

My Retirement Fund...

didn't quite come through as I had hoped it would. On Friday, I invested $5 into my retirement fund. I looked it up today, and found out that it was a bad investment and would not be returned to me. For those of you curious, my retirement fund goes by the name of Powerball. Yep, the lottery game. The jackpot finally cleared my $250 million benchmark and required a donation (estimated $300 mil). I looked up the winning numbers today and found that I did not hit the jackpot. For that matter, in my 5 plays, I only hit 2 white balls (not on the same line either), and no powerballs (red balls). It's a darn shame too, because I was really banking on it.

Seriously, I never expect to win, but its always nice to dream about. What would I do with $300 million dollars? Ok, actually, I get distinctly less than that, but still, it'd be a boatload of money.

Well, off the top, I'd do the charitable things: Donate to churches (if they take lottery winnings), give $1 mil to Danielle and Hank (due to previously arranged deals), give a mil or two each to my family (siblings and parents), payoff student loans.

Next, I would buy the personal luxury items. Namely a car...or two. Don't get me wrong, I like my car, but I would go out and buy a really awesome car. Something classic, 1960s mustang or corvette.

Then would come my big decision. Do I continue in graduate school? Do I stop, move back to Indiana and buy a bowling alley? Do I work pro-bono pharmacy for those in need? Do I travel (eventually...yes, right away...maybe)?

To be honest, these are the kind of problems/decisions, I could easily live with. The rest of the money I would bank/invest and live comfortably off of the interest, and never touch the principle.

If wishing made it so....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home