Down my Alley

Monday, August 20, 2007

Fantasy Football

This past weekend was my fantasy football draft with my friends from school. A month ago, I had a draft with guys that I play games with. Plus, we are in week 2 of preseason football (aka. Who Cares!!). All of this means that regular season football is imminent....which is exciting. Anyway, I wanted to inform my large fan base out there about my fantasy teams. With that said, here are the rosters for my 2 fantasy leagues. A starting line-up consist of 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 Def/Spec. Teams. Points are scored for yards and touchdowns, lost for interceptions and fumbles (unless its the Def, then you get points for INT/Fum.).

Video game friends (14 rd draft, 14 man roster, 12 players in the league)
QB - Philip Rivers (SD) ; backup - Jake Delhomme (Car)
RB - Willis McGahee (Bal), Laurence Maroney (NE); backups - Brandon Jacobs (NYG), Marshawn Lynch (Buf)
WR- Randy Moss (NE), Larry Fitzgerald (Ari), Joey Galloway (TB); backup - Brandon Jones (Ten)
TE - Dallas Clark (Ind) ; backup - David Martin (Mia)
K - Stephen Gostkowski (NE)
DST - Carolina Panthers

School friends (16 rd draft, 18 man roster, 12 players in the league)
QB - Peyton Manning (Ind) ; backup - Alex Smith (SF)
RB - Thomas Jones (NYJ), Edgerrin James (Ari) ; backups - Cadillac Williams (TB), Tatum Bell (Det)
WR - Hines Ward (Pit), Lee Evans (Buf), Terry Glenn (Dal) ; backups - Vincent Jackson (SD), Anthony Gonzalez (Ind), Robert Meachem (NO)
TE - Heath Miller (Pit) ; backup - Greg Olsen (Chi)
K - Joe Nedney (SF) ; backup - to be picked up in free agency
DST - New Orleans Saints ; backup - to be picked up in free agency

Those are my fantasy teams. I'm pretty pleased with them, and if all goes well, I will do great in the leagues. It's really fun to do, and I'm looking forward to a good season.

In other football news, I bought Madden 08 and will keep you up to date on how my fantasy draft and franchise goes there.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home