Down my Alley

Friday, August 10, 2007

Nostalgic Movies

I have recently viewed two movies that dealt with re-living the past. Yesterday, I watched the Bourne Ultimatum and it clearly revolves around Jason Bourne (aka David Webb...aka Matt Damon) trying to remember his past. The other film that I watched the previous day was TMNT (or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). This one doesn't directly relate to nostalgia via plot, but it was very nostalgic for me. Let's get on with the reviews:

TMNT - A blast from my childhood returns in the form of 4 ninja fighting turtles. The highlight of this film (in addition to that youthful feeling) was the animation (yep, no rubber suits). It was absolutely stunning visually. I can honestly say this is the best-animated movie I've ever seen (not best animated-movie...you see what I'm saying). The plot is pretty corny, and doesn't get really entertaining until the end. It's a bit "grown-up" for the early part of the film. Still entertaining, especially if you grew up with the loveable green guys...er...turtles. 3 1/2 out of 5 stars

The Bourne Ultimatum - An excellent film all around. This is the best edge of your seat action movie I've seen in a while. {NOTE: Die Hard 4 was the best popcorn action movie...pure entertainment.} This movie literally picks up before the end of the Bourne Supremacy. The ending of the second film is incorporated into this one (excellently done). Multiple scenes do an great job of building suspense and the action is top notch. The story is also furthered along, and the origins of Jason Bourne are discovered. My biggest complaint (as with the second film) is the style of filming. The camera is constantly shaking, but several times it makes you feel like part of the action. If you are a fan of the first two movies, this one is must see. If you haven't seen the first two, be sure to watch them before going to this one (or you will be confused). 4 1/2 out of 5 stars....Must see!!

There you go. Now you have the full and most trust-worthy review you are going to get. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home